Venom vs Miles Morales Fight to the Death in Vicious Spider-Man Cosplay | Chris Carthern via ScreenRant
1. Samuel L. Jackson Is ‘Still Trying to Figure Out’ Why He’s Never Been in a ‘Black Panther’ Movie | Indiewire
Samuel L. Jackson has been in the MCU since 2008 but there’s one movie he’s confused about. “I don’t know, it’s kind of up and down for me in an interesting sort of way,” Jackson told Indiewire. “Feels like I’ve been playing him forever. If I had it my way, I would’ve been in every Marvel movie because, I mean, he is Nick Fury, he knows everything that’s going on. I’m still trying to figure out why I’ve never been to Wakanda.”
2. Tom Holland Suggests There’s an Idea in Place for Spider-Man 4 | Gizmodo
The ending of Spider-Man: No Way Home hinted at a new chapter in Peter Parker’s life, but there has been no apparent push for a sequel. Tom Holland claimed that he attended a number of sessions to discuss the character’s future, adding that those meetings were fruitful. He also disclosed that the sequel had no concrete plans, but that writers were working on it.
“It was myself, [producer] Amy [Pascal], [Marvel Studios president] Kevin Feige, [executive producer] Rachel [O’Connor], sometimes other executives from Marvel will sit in,” Holland told the Hollywood Reporter. “It’s a collaborative process. The first few meetings were about, ‘Why would we do this again?’ And I think we found the reason why. I’m really, really happy with where we’re at in terms of the creative.”
3. ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Spinoff Series ‘Knuckles’ at Paramount+ Adds Five to Cast, Including Christopher Lloyd and Cary Elwes | Variety
Meanwhile, in television news, the live-action “Knuckles” series at Paramount+ has added five new cast members, including Cary Elwes, Stockard Channing, Christopher Lloyd, Paul Scheer, and Rob Huebel. Idris Elba will once again voice the character Knuckles as he did in the film “Sonic the Hedgehog 2.” Other cast members include Adam Pally, Edi Patterson, Julian Barratt, Scott Mescudi, and Ellie Taylor. Guest stars include Rory McCann and Tika Sumpter.
The show is set in the time between “Sonic the Hedgehog 2” and the third film in the franchise, which is slated to debut in theaters on December 20, 2024. John Whittington, who worked on the screenplay for “Sonic the Hedgehog 2,” wrote the pilot for “Knuckles” and serves as head writer and executive producer.
Jeff Fowler, who directed both “Sonic the Hedgehog” films, will direct the pilot episode and executive produce the series. Neal H. Moritz and Toby Ascher of Original Film and Toru Naka
4. Scarlett Johansson Says Failed ‘Gravity’ Audition Was ‘Just Sitting in a Chair With a Helmet on’ and ‘Pretending I Was Floating in Space’ | Variety
Scarlett Johansson auditioned for the lead role in Alfonso Cuarón’s 2013 3D space epic “Gravity,” which became a box office blockbuster with over $720 million worldwide and earned 10 Oscar nominations. Johansson recounted her weirder Hollywood audition story, where she had to be in a full space suit and pretend she was floating in space. Cuarón won the best director prize and Bullock was nominated for best actress.
“I did a screen test for the movie ‘Gravity,’ that Sandra Bullock is fantastic in, but I had to be in like the full, whole space suit thing, and sort of pretend I was kind of like floating in space,” Johansson told Entertainment Tonight. “Even though I was just sitting in a chair with a helmet on.”
Johansson cited losing out on “Gravity” and “Iron Man 2” as the moment she went into crisis mode as an actor. She was initially cast over Emily Blunt as Black Widow, but when Blunt dropped out due to scheduling conflicts, the door opened for Johansson to take on the career-defining Marvel role. Johansson is currently headlining Wes Anderson’s star-studded new film “Asteroid City,” in theaters June 16.
6. New Novel To Fill In Seven’s Story Between ‘Voyager’ And ‘Star Trek: Picard’ | Trekmovie
Pocket Books has announced the publication of Star Trek: Picard: Firewall, a new novel penned by fan favorite author David Mack. The book, which is set to be released on February 27, 2024, is billed as a “thrilling prequel adventure” to Star Trek: Picard. According to the official description, this book focuses on Seven of Nine who’s played by Jeri Ryan:
Two years after the USS Voyager’s return from the Delta Quadrant, Seven of Nine finds herself rejected for a position in Starfleet…and instead finds a new home with the interstellar rogue law enforcement corps known as the Fenris Rangers. The Rangers seem like an ideal fit for Seven—but to embrace this new destiny, she must leave behind all she’s ever known, and risk losing the most important thing in her life: her friendship with Admiral Kathryn Janeway.
7. ‘Daredevil’ Star Vincent D’Onofrio Teases Face-Off With Tom Holland’s Spider-Man | HeroicHollywood
Fans have been wondering if Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin might ever face off against Tom Holland in a future Marvel production. D’Onofrio revealed his own fervor for the battle at a recent convention, ensuring that Kingpin will finally punch Tom Holland. Wilson Fisk, widely known as the Kingpin of Crime, began his career as a Spider-Man antagonist. While all of his best hits, such as nearly killing Aunt May, have already been used in Tom Holland’s trilogy, Vincent D’Onofrio has plenty of room to terrify the character. Considering Spider-Man: No Way Home’s credits scene teased the Venom symbiote, fans may witness a Back in Black adaptation even without Aunt May.
“Eventually, I will beat Spider-Man’s a**–All of them. I mean, it’s obvious that Punisher, Daredevil, and Spider-Man are the ones that my character is tied to in the comic books,” D’Onofrio spoke at GalaxyCon. “But there’s plenty of room for others, I can just only hope that that happens. But I mean, Spider-Man definitely. I think that would be really really fun.—I want to see it as much as anybody. There may be a sea of people between us right now but I’m gonna get you mother f––r!”
8. A Short History Of Klingon Bloodwine In The Star Trek Universe | Slashfilm
9. One Major Hero Won’t Return for Deadpool 3 | Gizmodo
“Well I’m actually not in Deadpool 3, so I don’t know what they’re doing [about improvisation]. I’m assuming they’re probably taking a pause. I’m excited to watch it.”
10. Disney Delays ‘Avatar’ & Marvel Movies As New ‘Star Wars’ Projects Get Release Dates | HeroicHollywood
Thanks to the ongoing writers strike studios are scrambling to keep up. Disney made a slew of announcements on Tuesday (June 13, 2023) regarding its upcoming film releases, including the next Avatar and Star Wars movies, as well as updates to the Marvel Cinematic Universe lineup.
- James Cameron’s Avatar 3 is now slated to hit theaters in December 2025, while the fourth and fifth installments have been rescheduled for December 2029 and December 2031 respectively.
- Two more Star Wars films are also scheduled for release in 2026. One changed the December 2025 date to May 22, 2026. The second installment is scheduled for December 18, 2026. Details on the two projects are being withheld.
- Deadpool 3 moves up to May 3, 2024
- Meanwhile Avengers: Kang Dynasty is now slated for May 1, 2026 and Avengers: Secret Wars is aiming for a May 7, 2027 release.
- Captain America: Brave New World (retitled from Captain America: New World Order) has been moved back three months to July 26, 2024.
- The untitled Blade reboot now takes a Valentine’s Day slot on February 14, 2025
- Likewise the untitled Fantastic Four remake is arriving almost three months later on May 2, 2025.
Most Popular Posts – Last Week
Here are the top five posts from last week
- 5 Horrifying Facts About Seven of Nine’s Uniform
- A Brief History of Deanna Troi’s Cleavage
- 7 Surprising Facts About STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE T’Pol Costume
- 7 Hottest Female Companions of DOCTOR WHO
- The Greatest Black Nerds in Television History
Quote of the Day
“Apes together strong” – Caesar – Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
On This Day:
On this day: Solaris (1973) opened in US theaters on June 15, 1973
Click on the link for more ICYMI!
What do you think of today’s news and links? Let us know in the comments below!