|Tom Hiddleston Stands Up For Emma Watson And The #HeForShe Campaign - Never change, Loks. (via The Mary Sue)|
What if the Avengers made a line of breakfast cereals? Are cosplayers to blame for ruining comic conventions? What would happen if Klingons took up knitting?
I'd love to hear what you think of the Internet's greatest moments in this week's "Geek Bits."
By the WayI'm way behind on my TV viewing so I've had to put off reviews for a while. Next week I'll have some reviews of Doctor Who season 8, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and more!
Links10. These Avengers Cereals Are Part of a Marvelous Breakfast (via io9)
Oh the puns...
9. Watch Batman’s Parents Get Killed Over and Over Again (via He Geek She Geek)
8. X-Men Producer Confirms Cyclops, Storm And Jean Grey Will Be Recast (via io9)
Lupita Nyong'o for Storm anyone? Probably not since she's hired for Star Wars, but we can dream...
7. Wife of Star Wars Artist Claims Cosplay is Partly to Blame For Creators Not Making Money at Conventions (via The Mary Sue)
I have slowly come realize that in this selfie-obsessed, Instagram Era, COSPLAY is the new focus of these conventions–seeing and being seen, like some giant masquerade party. Conventions are no longer shows about commerce, product launches, and celebrating the people who created this genre in the first place. I’ve seen it first-hand–the uber-famous artist who traveled all of the way from Japan, sitting at Comic-Con, drawing as no one even paid attention to him, while the cosplayers held up floor traffic and fans surround the cosplayers–rather than the famed industry household name–to pose for selfies.
6. Knit Bat'leth Scarf (via Neatorama)
5. The Ultimate List Of Superhero Lairs (via Terry Blinds)
The Ultimate List Of Superhero Lairs by Terrys Blinds.
4. Retro Battlestations: PC Gaming Rigs of Yesteryear (via WhoIsHostingThis)
3. See the Batmobile in action in 2 new Batman v Superman BTS videos (via Blastr)
2. Adrianne Palicki on Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman + playing Mockingbird on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Blastr)
1. Cosplayers AREN'T Ruining Conventions. Here Are 5 Reasons Why. (via Topless Robot)
I've seen it posted over and over on my social media in the last twenty-four hours: THE article. The one that says cosplayers are ruining conventions. My highly talented costumer friends - many who make a living from cosplay - are livid, stirred up into mania merely by the title of the article: "Is Cosplay Killing Comic-Con?" Let's investigate...
What do you think of this week's links?
If you enjoyed this, then please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post! Follow us! Email | RSS | Twitter | Facebook