1. Iron Man 3 Has a Vision - I enjoyed Iron Man 2 quite a lot, but I have to admit it didn't seem to have a purpose, other than putting Iron Man on the screen for a second time. It threw some cool stuff at us, but where was the story going? Nowhere, really. In the end, it seemed like it was just an excuse forRobert Downey, Jr., Gweneth Paltrow, and Don Cheadle to goof around. Iron Man 3 seems to have a vision - making Tony Stark as miserable as possible.
2. The Rocket-Powered Glove - See that glove that jumped off the desk onto Stark's hand? Okay, that was cool. Maybe we'll get to see his armor put itself on, similar to the experimental self-propelled armor in The Avengers.
3. Pepper Potts is in Trouble - So yeah, Pepper got in trouble in the first two movies. We saw her get chased by a giant robot, get almost cut in half in a car, and all sorts of other peril. But getting caught in a huge explosion with Tony? Having an Iron Man armor land on top of her...in bed? Wow. I'm really nervous for her in this movie.
4. The Fallout From Avengers - We hear Stark talking about "New York" and how he's had trouble coping. Clearly, he's referring to the alien invasion from The Avengers, and it's nice to see them continuing that story in Iron Man 3. Stark has always been cool and calm under pressure, but apparently launching a nuke into space, passing out, and falling to almost certain death has punctured his bravado.
5. The Mandarin - At long last, we get to see Iron Man's archnemesis from the comics, the Mandarin. It's hard to say how good it's going to be, since we just barely get a glimpse of him, but the voice over is impressive. We truly get a sense of a powerful enemy with a messianic vision. And the ten rings! But are they just rings or the superpowered rings like the comics?
7. The Shadows on the Wall - We see the shadows of people burned into walls. Commonly seen in a neutron bomb explosion. Reading into it too much? Maybe. But it certainly doesn't look good.
9. Stark Dragging His Armor - We also end with the scene of Tony Stark having to drag his armor along the ground. That's just...sad. His armor's power was always "at critical levels" in the previous movies, but it looks like in this one, it actually runs out.
Now let's see how long we have to wait until...April 2013?! But I want it now! (sigh) We have a long road ahead of us, people.
[Via Slice of Scifi]
What did you think of the trailer? What did you notice? Are you more or less excited about the movie?
[Image Source: YouTube]
Please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post. Click on the links to follow us for free by Email, RSS and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins