Star Trek has been off television since 2005, but the movie's popularity is making people think about a new television show. Bryan Fuller is working on one called Star Trek: Federation, but that's years away.
Recently Michael Dorn, who played the Klingon Worf on Star Trek: The Next Generation, said he'd like a television show based on his continuing adventures.
He's not the first though. George Takei, Sulu from Star Trek: The Original Series, has lobbied for a show about his exploits as a starship captain for decades.
But, there have been plenty of characters over the years that deserved their own shows.
For example, Seven of Nine was popular. She might have a good run as a renegade Borg infiltrating the collective to take them down.
The adventures of young Spock before he joined the academy might be really interesting.
What about the further adventures of Scotty after he woke up in The Next Generation universe? Or, better yet, the action packed adventures of Commander Riker's transporter clone William "Thomas" Riker?
Data might have gotten a couple of seasons as a private detective. A children's show following Captain Archer's pet beagle would probably have been a hit.
Anyway, these are just my ideas. I'm sure you can come up with better.
Next week Wednesday I'll update this post with the best comments, so keep 'em coming!
Here are the great ideas you sent us
- "I'd still take one with Worf. He was in two of the shows because he was so popular, so it might work. At this point, I'd take any Trek show though!" - Alex J. Cavanaugh
- "If I had to choose one character out of all the casts to watch in their own weekly TV show, I guess it'd be Jadzia Dax. She had the most interesting life of anyone! And the best part is, if you wanted a little variety, there could be theme episodes revisiting other hosts!" - Tony Laplume, Sith Architect
- "take seven of nine and cosmic cheerleaders... in space exploration, in a sexy star trek way. one ship, cheerleaders... mmmm dirty, yes!" - Jeremy [Retro zombie]
- "Argh, no sequels, prequels, or midquels please! Though if I had to choose, I'd say a series about Quark and his bar on DS9. It'd be like Cheers meets the Star Wars cantina." - Pat Dilloway
- "Love this idea! I was thinking along similar lines: a Masterchef-style intergalactic cooking showdown hosted by Neelix" - Sci-Fi Gene
- "One for Spiner and Frakes. Retired from the Federation, just going on whacky adventures." - Tom Badguy
[Image Source: StarTrek.com]
If you liked this post why not tell your friends about it using the buttons below?
For more science fiction news, photos, videos and fun subscribe to us by RSS, Email and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins