|This Seven-and-a-Half-Feet Long Baymax Bed Is All We've Ever Wanted
By The WayI talked last week about how we're going to be limiting the blog and it's now official. My brother and I are stepping away from The Geek Twins for a few months (?!). I'll keep posting occasionally to Film Sketchr and I may be posting our weekly link list, but that'll be it for a while. I may occasionally share the Superman posts on About.com, but I don't want to turn this blog into a advertisement for About.com, so I'll keep it minimal. I'll be visiting and commenting on as many blogs as I can, so I won't be completely out of the loop. - Maurice
- Josh Trank Refuses All Blame For FANTASTIC FOUR's Failure (via Geek Tyrant)
- These Mark Hamill Autographs Are Priceless (via Science Fiction)
- 82-Year-Old BAMF Nichelle Nichols Will Fly in a NASA Mission This September (via The Mary Sue)
- HOLLYWOOD NUTS!: 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper... Rest In Peace!
Truly saddened by the news that Roderick George "Roddy" Toombs, known as "Rowdy" Roddy Piper died on July 31st, 2015. He's done many wonderful things but I loved him for his iconic performance in "They Lives" (1988). "I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick a**. And I’m all out of bubble gum." It's the greatest action one-liner in the history of cinema.
- POOPING IS LOGICAL - STAR TREK Potty Training Book Based on Vulcan Principles
- J.J. Abrams Promises There Is No Talk of Midi-chlorians in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ (via /Film)
- No Doctor Who Season 10 In 2016? (via Bleeding Cool)
- Fox Confirm Plans For X-MEN TV Series...If Marvel Lets Them Make It (Comic Book Movie)
- BACK TO THE FUTURE Themed Monopoly (via Geek Tyrant)
Official Description: "Want to travel from 2015 to 1985 to 1955 to 1885 in the comfort of your own home? Well, now you can! This fully licensed Back to the Future Monopoly board game provides hors of fun as you collect locations and time-hop through the world of the BTTF trilogy! The game board features all-new properties taken straight from the films, including Café ’80s and Doc’s Mansion, plus you get new “Chance” and Community Chest” cards, and new die-cast metal game pieces of the time machine, Einstein the dog, the cowboy hat, the futuristic sneaker, the hoverboard and the famous Hill Valley clock! Game comes packaged in a full-color box resembling a case of plutonium."
- Librarians Love Them Some Batman ’66 (via He Geek She Geek)
- NAKED SUPER HEROES! well not really... (via Being Retro)
- Holy Cow: Micro Machines Are Returning For The Force Awakens (via io9)
- 'I hit puberty pretty early in life': Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson
reveals extremely mature moustached image at 16 in throwback high school
picture (via Daily Mail)
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (2015) - Recommended
Official synopsis: "With the IMF disbanded and Ethan (Tom Cruise) out in the cold, the team now faces off against a network of highly skilled special agents, the Syndicate. These highly trained operatives are hellbent on creating a new world order through an escalating series of terrorist attacks. Ethan gathers his team and joins forces with disavowed British agent Ilsa Faust (Rebecca Ferguson), who may or may not be a member of this rogue nation, as the group faces its most impossible mission yet."
The movie isn't as good as the TV show, but I like that they're trying hard to emulate the show's style including using the opening and incidental music. Tom Cruise and the rest of the cast do a great job and Christopher McQuarrie delivers his usual frenetic style of action and humor. It's an enjoyable film, although it's pure popcorn and has no real character development or story arc.
Here are some more reviews from the coolest blogs
- MISSION IMPOSSIBLE ROGUE NATION - REVIEW [MINOR SPOILERS] (via MsMariah's Space Blog-yssey)
- MI: Rogue Nation Review (via Alex J. Cavanaugh)
If you enjoyed this, then please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post!
Follow us! Email | RSS | Twitter | Facebook