I'd love to hear what you think of the Internet's strangest and geekiest moments in this week's "Geek Bits."
By The WayMy brother and I have been offered an incredible opportunity and we're so grateful. Nothing is set so we can't talk about it, but we can say it will have a major impact on the blog. So, stay tuned.
This is an awesome blog hop by Ms. Mariah and I'm insanely late since the deadline was July 21st. Please forgive me. - Maurice
- What apps can you not live without? I keep things simple. I never thought I'd live without Google Reader, but I can't live without Feedly. It's awesome. I use KompoZer for writing blog posts. I also use Irfanview for basic image manipulation like resizing and GIMP for more complicated stuff.
- What is your favorite blogging app? KompoZer is so much better than the native writing tool in Blogger since it has lots of features and lets you copy and paste without formatting. Plus, it's portable which is how I like my apps.
- What gadgets (besides your phone) you can't live without? Tough one since my phone is a constant resource. I can't think of anything else.
- What lifehacks make your life easier? Timers. Without timers I'd be writing all day. I use Snap Timer (Portable) for most countdowns. Google searches are quick and efficient.
- Where do you get your news? Twitter for up to the minute news and Feedly for the top stories.
- What are your favorite social media apps? Twitter is number one, but occasionally I'll use Facebook. I don't have time for the others although Google+ is a distant third.
- How do you blog? Mostly off-line and cut-and-paste into Blogger.
- What is your day job? I'm a senior computer technician for a medical device company. It keeps me busy.
Star Trek: The Dancing Generation (via Retro-Zombie)
5-year old Boy Dressed as Batman Saves Baby (via Daily Mail)
In England, when a baby accidentally locked himself in a scorching hot car, fthe only one that could save him was a little boy. Thankfully, he was dressed as Batman. He was able to squeeze in the tiny broken window and unlock the car so rescuers could get the child.
‘Fantastic Four’ / ‘X-Men’ Crossover Is “In Play,” Says Bryan Singer (via /FILM)
Details for the Avengers: Age of Ultron Blu-ray Announced (via SuperHero Hype)
Spoiler Alert: Pixels Is TERRIBLE - Just the typical sexist, racist, homophobic Sandler cash grab. (via The Mary Sue)
The Fastest Ship in the Universe is…? (via He Geek She Geek)
Why Did Garrett Morris Have a Cameo In "Ant-Man?" It's a Funny Story… (via Comic Book Resources)
Hat tip David Walston!
Star Trek: The Animated Series - "How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth" (02x05) - RecommendedOfficial synopsis: "The Enterprise crew encounters an alien who visited Earth in ancient times and became known as the Mayan god Kukulkan."
This episode won an Emmy and deserves it for it's sharp writing, clever dialogue and gorgeous animation. It's especially noteworthy that it features a Native South American crew member who's knowledge of ancient Mayan culture is key to saving the ship.
If you're on Twitter next week, we're doing a live Twitter chat of the last episode on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 12:00 PM EDT. You can watch it on Hulu or Netflix. Join us!
Read the rest of the posts in the blog hop! If you want to join us click here to enter your blog!
- Star Trek TAS "How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth" (via Spacerguy)
- Star Trek: How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth (via Armchair Squid)
Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! (2015)
Worthless and stupid. All the acting and special effects are the same, but it's one-joke taken too far with pointless cameos and obvious product placement shoved in.
Ant-Man (2016)Never saw it, but go read Alex's review! Hopefully seeing it soon!
What do you think of this week's news and links?
If you enjoyed this, then please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post! Follow us! Email | RSS | Twitter | Facebook