|Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent May Funko vinyl doll (via The Mary Sue)|
I'd love to hear what you think of the Internet's greatest moments in this week's "Geek Bits."
By The WayI'm not sure if you heard that the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer dropped yesterday. It wasn't covered much in the news. ;) Unsurprisingly, a lot of our links are about that this week.
Links10. The Women Who Programmed The Future: A Brief History Of Female Computer Scientists (via The Mary Sue)
9. Welcome Back, GIFs! Here Is Your Party (via io9)
8. ‘Spider-Man’ Reboot Will Be About Peter Parker, Won’t Be an Origin Story (via /Film)
We had hoped they'd go with Miles Morales, but it's not going to happen this time. But, it does echo our feeling that Spider-Man should be a High School kid.
"We want to play with Spider-Man in the high school years because frankly there’ve been five Spider-Man films and the amazing thing about it is, even though there’ve been five Spider-Man films, there are so many things from the comics that haven’t been done yet. Not just characters or villains or supporting characters, but sides to his character. The most obvious being the ‘young, doesn’t quite fit in’ kid before his powers, and then the fella that puts on a mask and swings around and fights bad guys and doesn’t shut up, which is something we want to play with and we’re excited about." - Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios
7.Mystery Woman No Longer in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ (via /Film)
We speculated that she might be one of the Dora Milaje, but it turns out she was cut from the film.
6. ‘Wonder Woman’ Sets Patty Jenkins as Director (via /Film)
5. Doctor Who to air on Disney XD (via Blogtor Who)
4. ARCHIE Vs. SHARKNADO... Because Why Not? (via Neatorama)
3. Celebrate Tax Day With Hilarious IRS Star Trek Film (via TrekMovie)
2. All Nippon Airways Announces 'Star Wars' Project With R2-D2 Painted Jet (via Huffington Post)
1. Sperm Whale Delights Researchers By Crashing Underwater Video Feed (via Huffington Post)
ReviewsStar Trek: The Animated Series - "The Infinite Vulcan" (01x07) - Not Recommended
Wikipedia Synopsis: "While visiting the newly discovered planet Phylos, Lt. Sulu picks up a walking plant, called a Retlaw, and is poisoned. The alien species that inhabit the planet, who are plantlike beings, approach and save Sulu's life.."
This is the worst episode so far. Besides the ship's doctor (who should be an expert on extraterrestrial life) being flummoxed by talking plants it also uses the same basic plot as "Spock's Brain" which is the worst episode of the Original Series. Plus, why do clones have to be 40 feet tall? Skip this one.
Here are some of the other reviews from my friends in the blog hop
- Star Trek TAS "The Infinite Vulcan" (via Spacerguy)
- Star Trek: The Infinite Vulcan (via Armchair Squid)
If you enjoyed this, then please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post! Follow us! Email | RSS | Twitter | Facebook