|Batman and Robin - Norman Rockwell Style Art (via GeekTyrant)|
I'd love to hear what you think of the Internet's greatest moments in this week's "Geek Bits." Plus, reviews of The Last Ship and Earth to Echo.
By the Way... Top 5 Summer Songs Bloghop
For this bloghop I decided to use my favorite songs for summer blockbusters that remind me of summer. Here's my list of songs and why:
- Star Wars (1977) Theme by John Williams - Tatooine has a lot of sand.
- Independence Day (1996) "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" by R.E.M. - Barbecue
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) Theme - Summer vacation
- Back to the Future (1982) "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News - School's out
- Jurassic Park (1993) Theme by John Williams - Vacation to theme parks
Please sign up to the link list here, then post on July 11.
Links10: Arrow - A TV & Comic Character Comparison
Please include attribution to Fortress Geek with this graphic.
9. Director Bob Orci Says ‘Star Trek 3′ Story Is Part of the 5-Year Mission (via Screen Rant)
I think two films is long enough for a set up...
"In [Into Darkness] they set out finally where the original series started. The first two films – especially the 2009 [Star Trek] – was an origin story. It was about them coming together. So they weren’t the characters they were in the original series. They were growing into them and that continues on in the second movie. So in this movie they are closer than they are to the original series characters that you have ever seen. They have set off on their five-year mission. So their adventure is going to be in deep space."
8. 16 Most Annoying Characters in Science Fiction/Fantasy Television & Film (via MsMariah's Space Blog-yssey)
It's such a good list I almost didn't make it through to the end...
7. My Journey as an Aspiring Author... and other ramblings.)
Jessica wrote a thoughtful piece about how important it is find creative friends on and off the Internet. I agree. Thanks guys!
As artists of all kinds, we need that camaraderie that we can only get from other creatives. We like to be understood to a certain degree. It's really fun to connect with someone who understands the whole process of inspiration, creation, the vulnerability of pouring your soul into something unique and putting it out into the world. There is something validating about that connection.
6. STREET FIGHTER - Chun Li, Ken, and Ryu are Ready to Kick Some Plush (via GeekTyrant)
5. BBC Accidentally Leaks Doctor Who Series 8 Scripts, Asks Fans Not to Ruin It for Each Other - "Spoilers!" (The Mary Sue)
Didn't this happen last year?
BBC Worldwide is currently investigating a security issue around Doctor Who Series 8 where unfinished material has inadvertently been made public. We deeply regret this and apologise to all the show’s fans, the BBC and the cast and crew who have worked tirelessly making the series.4. THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN: Mark Wahlberg may become a Cyborg (via FilmBook)
We would like to make a plea to anyone who might have any of this material and spoilers associated with it not to share it with a wider audience so that everyone can enjoy the show as it should be seen when it launches. We know only too well that Doctor Who fans are the best in the world and we thank them for their help with this and their continued loyalty.
I can't understand why he's considered a leading man.
The 1970′s sci-fi TV series The Six Million Dollar Man may be made into a motion picture with Mark Wahlberg possibly in the starring role. The movie may be directed and produced Peter Berg.
3. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Toys Are More Like Polly Pockets (via He Geek She Geek)
2. DC Comics Changes Its Mind Over The Use Of The Superman Symbol On A Child Memorial (via Bleeding Cool)
Earlier this week it came out that a 5-year-old boy, named Jeffrey Baldwin, that was starved to death by his Grandparents was denied one of his childhood wishes. The boy's father wanted to create a memorial statue with his son dressed as his hero Superman, but DC Entertainment wouldn't allow it.
The father was disappointed, but said he understood. The Internet did not. It caused a firestorm of protest on social networks and created a huge backlash. On Wednesday, the company reversed their decision saying, "We are honored by the relationship that our fans have with our characters, and fully understand the magnitude of their passion. We take each request seriously and our heartfelt thoughts go out to the victims, the family and those affected. DC Entertainment uses a flexible set of criteria when we receive worthy requests such as this, and at times have reconsidered our initial stance."
I guess there are superheroes after all.
1. 2014 Emmy Nominations Announced (via /Film)
|Almost Human (2013) - Dorian (Michael Ealy) (Source)|
Emmy Awards will be broadcast live on NBC, Monday, August 25th at 8:00pm (Eastern) from the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE In Los Angeles.
- Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
- Mayim Bialik, The Big Bang Theory - Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
- Bob Newhart, The Big Bang Theory - Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series
- The Big Bang Theory - Outstanding Comedy Series
- Adventure Time - Outstanding Short-Format Animated Program
- Almost Human "Pilot" - Outstanding Special And Visual Effects
- The 100 - Outstanding Special And Visual Effects
- COSMOS: A SpaceTime Odyssey - Outstanding Special And Visual Effects
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Outstanding Special And Visual Effects
- Game Of Thrones - Outstanding Special And Visual Effects
- The Walking Dead - Outstanding Special And Visual Effects In A Supporting Role – 2014
TelevisionThe Last Ship (2014) (01x02) "Welcome to Gitmo" [Recommended]
An awesome show with crazy action.
MoviesEarth to Echo (2014) [Not Recommended]
This movie was mediocre. My 5-year-old enjoyed it, but it's a poor substitute for E.T. Everything plays out on YouTube, Google Maps or cell phones. Director Dave Green's idea of tension is to have Tuck, played by Brian "Astro" Bradley, constantly say "did you see that!" or "that was insane!" If you have young kid's they might like it, but I'd wait till it comes on video. Or YouTube.
What do you think of this week's links? If you saw anything I reviewed what did you think?
If you enjoyed this, then please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post! Follow us! Email | RSS | Twitter | Facebook