|Marvel's The Avengers (2012) - Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Thor (Chris Hemsworth)|
Have you ever had a knock-down drag-out fight with someone only to become the best of friends? People are funny. One minute they're fighting and the next minute they're best friends. Here are some examples of huge brawls in movies that led to the greatest of friendships.
They prove that even the toughest conflicts can lead to a great relationship.
1. They Live (1988) - John Nada (Roddy Piper) vs. Frank Armitage (Keith David)
Before: Nada and Armitage are construction workers and befriend one another, but Frank doesn’t really want to get involved in John’s life. After John discovers the world is being controlled through subliminal messages, he tries to get Frank to try on the glasses and see the truth.
After: The two become fast friends and join a revolution against the aliens.
2. Marvel's The Avengers (2012) - Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) vs. Thor (Chris Hemsworth)
Before: Hulk is on a anger-fueled rampage and Thor tries to stop him.
After: The two work together to defeat the Chitauri. Hulk still punches him though.
3. Princess Bride (1987) - Fezzik (Andre the Giant) vs. Dread Pirate Roberts (Cary Elwes)
Before: Fezzik is told to kill the Dread Pirate Roberts by Vizzini.
After: Fezzik respects the man's strength and courage and joins him in his fight against Prince Humperdink.
4. Marvel's The Avengers (2012) - Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) vs. Thor (Chris Hemsworth)
Before: Thor takes Loki from S.H.I.E.L.D. to try and convince his brother to return to Asgard. Iron Man fights Thor to get him back.
After: Thor joins Iron Man and the other members “Avengers Initiative” to defeat Loki and his alien army. He even joins them at a shawarma restaurant.
5. Princess Bride (1987) - Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patinkin) vs. Dread Pirate Roberts (Cary Elwes)
Before: Inigo is told to kill the Dread Pirate Roberts by Vizzini.
After: Inigo respects the man's skills and courage and joins him in his fight against Prince Humperdink.
6. The Matrix (1999) - Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) vs. Neo (Keanu Reeves)
Before: Neo is in the “real world” but doesn’t understand or trust Morpheus.
After: Neo trusts Morpheus enough to jump off a building.
7. Kung Fu Hustle (2004) - Fairy (Chiu Chi-ling) vs. Donut (Dong Zhihua) vs. Coolie (Xing Yu)
Before: Three men are living in a small village and don’t even know they’re all martial artists masters. When the Ax Gang threatens to kill the people in the town they fight together. After the fight they spar (I couldn't find the video of that).
After: The three join forces to defend Pig Sty Alley and even sacrifice their lives for one another.
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - Raphael vs. Casey Jones (Elias Koteas)
Before: Raphael stops a mugging and Casey Jones tries to beat up the criminals. Raphael saves them and the two fight.
After: Casey comes to their help when the Foot Clan attacks April's apartment.
9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - Captain America (Chris Evans) vs. Winter Soldier (Sebastian Shaw)
*** Spoiler Warning ****
Before: Captain America goes onto a Helicarrier to stop it and the Winter Soldier goes to stop him. The Winter Soldier is brainwashed into killing him.
After: The Winter Soldier realizes the truth about his past and saves Steve.
10. Back to the Future (1985) - George McFly (Crispin Glover) vs. Biff Tanner (Thomas F. Wilson)
Before: Biff constantly teases and exploits George.
After: Biff is defeated and eventually becomes his "frenemy" even waxing his car.
Which is your favorite fight that led to friendship? Are there any missing from the list? Have you ever had a fight or argument with someone and they later became a good friend?
If you enjoyed this, then please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post! Follow us! Email | RSS | Twitter | Facebook