|Star Trek Enterprise vs. Star Wars Millenium Falcon (Source)|
Enter our fun Star Wars vs. Star Trek tournament for a chance to win one (1) of two (2) USB drives!
Update: We're in round 2! Vote on Geek Madness now!
The wait is over and my brother and I are happy to start the March "Geek Madness" Tournament 2014! Last year we followed the Star Wars "This is Madness" tournament, but this year we're taking on the greatest debate in science fiction: Star Wars or Star Trek?
For the next few weeks, on Monday and Wednesday, you'll be able to vote between your favorite 16 Star Wars and 16 Star Trek characters. My brother and I went through all the most popular characters, selected 8 from each category and ranked them. Not everybody made the cut unfortunately. No one is going to miss Jar Jar Binks, but we'll miss Wesley Crusher. It was brutal.
Come back next Monday to begin voting on the greatest Star Wars and Star Trek character of all time.
PrizesThe first place winner can select between one of the two (Star Trek or Star Wars) USB drives. The second place winner will receive the other drive.
Star Trek Spock 8GB USB Flash Drive
How to PlayBeginning today (March 14, 2014) through Sunday March 17th 11:59 PM PST you can enter your selections.
Enter in one of three ways:
- Go to the March "Geek Madness" Bracket and download or print it to make your selections. Fill out the official "Geek Madness" entry form with your selections. This is the only way we'll allow more than one prediction.
- In the comments below, enter one (1) prediction of who will win
the tournament and include your email address (I'd recommend you
obscure it for privacy reasons). You may not change your entry after Sunday March 17th.
- Send us an email at geektwins @ gmail.com with your one (1) prediction of who will win the tournament.
About Geek MadnessIn the tournament, 32 players are "seeded" or ranked in four groups of 8, with the No. 1 player within each group playing against the No. 8, the No. 2 against the No. 7, and so on. The winning players move to the next round. The characters are divided into four categories:
- Star Wars heroes
- Star Wars villains
- Star Trek heroes
- Star Trek villains
- First Round Part I - March 17
- First Round Part II - March 21
- Second Round Part I - March 24
- Second Round Part II - March 28
- Third Round Part I - March 31
- Third Round Part II - April 4
- Final Round - Star Wars - April 7
- Final Round - Star Trek - April 7
- Championship - April 11
How To Win
- Fill out a perfect Geek Madness bracket, predicting the winner of
all games in the tournament and you automatically win first place.
- The player that predicted the next closest outcome wins second.
- If no one selects the correct outcome for any of the games, or in
the event of a tie, the two winners will be selected at random.
- Must be a United States resident to enter
- One entry per household.
- Not affiliated with Lucasfilm ltd or Paramount
Please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post. Click on the links to follow us for free by Email, RSS and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins and like us on Facebook