|Flying Saucer (Plan 9 From Outer Space); Tinker Bell (Disney)|
You're out camping in the woods late at night when you come to a strange ridge. Turning a corner, you stumble across an extraordinary sight: a valley with two distinct communities at either end. At one end, you see flying saucers lined up like an airport with small gray men walking around them. At the other end, sparkling lights that are each tiny people with wings, flitting through the trees.
You don't have much time. In a half-hour, the alien spaceport and the fairy village will pack up and disappear. You have your cell phone with a built-in video camera. You also have a steel net and tranquilizer darts. You can make a video, and also capture a live specimen to show the world. The only problem is that the valley is so wide that you can't get from one to the other in time to capture both. Which one would you choose?
The Ground Rules
- In this scenario, UFOs and fairies exist, regardless of whether you believe in them or not.
- If you choose to prove the UFOs, you can get video of the spaceport, and capture one of the little gray men.
- If you choose to prove the fairies, you can get video of their little village, and capture one of the fairies.
- Your prisoner will be captured alive, long enough to be studied.
- Once you've gotten the proof, the alien spaceport and the fairy village will pack up and disappear, never to return.
- You only have time to capture proof of the UFOs or fairies. Once you've gotten the proof you need of one, the other will be gone. You can't do both.
- With the proof you have, the world will turn its attention to uncovering more evidence. Extraterrestrials or fairies will become exposed and part of our world.
Make your choice, and let us know why in the comments.
Please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post. Click on the links to follow us for free by Email, RSS and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins and like us on Facebook