You volunteer to be a test subject for a new procedure: time travel. As you climb into the chair, the scientists explain that they can send you through time, one million years into the future or the past. The scientists also add that it could be a one-way trip. They know they can get you there, but aren't sure if it will work in reverse. Which one would you choose?
The Ground Rules
- You can only bring yourself. No tools or extra food. Or clothes.
- You can only go to exactly one million years in the future or the past, right down to the second. You can't stop at any point in between.
- You'll be staying in your chosen time period for twenty-four hours.
- There's a fifty percent chance that you might never come back to the present. If they do manage to bring you back, it will be twenty-four hours after you left.
- If you die, they can still bring back your dead body.
- One million years in the past would put you in the early Cenozoic-Pleistocene era. It's a time of glaciers and early humans. Sorry, no dinosaurs or Raquel Welch in a fur bikini.
- One million years in the future is completely unknown...for obvious reasons.
Make your choice, and explain why in the comments.
Please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post. Click on the links to follow us for free by Email, RSS and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins and like us on Facebook