|Sharknado Parody "Sharkalanche"|
What if everything that happened in Michael Keaton films were part of one long timeline? When does Agent Coulson return to TV? What does Electro look like? Who dressed up like a Ren & Stimpy character?
Find out in this week's top 10 geekiest bits of the Internet.
10. Starfleet Academy Cadet Pack
ThinkGeek is selling this pack of three baby creeper or "Onesies" so a baby can be either in Command, Science or Operations. The perfect gift for a future Starfleet cadet in training.
9. Cool Stuff: Tom Whalen’s ‘Batman’ TV Series Comic-Con Posters (via /Film)
8. Michael Keaton Film Timeline (via The Non Review)
7. Harrison Ford says Han Solo wouldn't join the army in Ender's Game (via io9)
6. Nicholas Cage on Superman Lives
Remember that ridiculous image of Nicholas Cage in a Superman costume? On the Empire podcast Nic Cage finally talks about Tim Burton's Superman Lives .
5. Electro Sizzles In SDCC Footage
We've seen behind-the-scene images of Electro (Jamie Foxx) in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but we finally get a good look at the big blue guy thanks to a teaster poster and video from San Diego Comic Con. Director Marc Wrebb says Electro has a ton of electricity coursing through him and "Spider-Man's greatest weapon is that web and when he shoots a web at Electro, there's a current and webs are conductive."
4. Godzilla 2014 Poster and concept art (via /Film)
SDCC also saw a release of concept art and a poster for Gareth Edwards' Godzilla reboot.
3. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. September Premiere Date (via Geek Tyrant)
ABC has set a preimere date for Joss Whedon's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it's Tuesday, September 24 at 8 p.m. EST. The amazing television composer Battlestar Galactica Bear McCreary is composing the music.
2. Pacific Rim Review Round-up
Do to a series of unfortunate events I never made it to Pacific Rim, but here are some great reviews from around the blogosphere.
- Alex J. Cavanaugh - "For the ladies, there is a strong female lead. Rinko Kikuchi’s character is smart and tough...for the guys, this film will bring out the twelve year old in you!"
- Feed me a Stray Cat - "I'm starting with Pacific Rim (2013) because I did actually really, really enjoy that film. But...you know. That was great, but...(under read more for spoilers)"
- Geeky Nerfherder - "I loved this film for exactly for what it is, a big dumb rollercoaster blockbuster of a movie, but oh, what a ride it was!"
- Melissa's Imaginarium - "Guillermo Del Toro delivers a powerful, high octane anime come to life with terrific characters, a wonderful, yet cheesy script and fx that some of the best I've seen on film."
- Never Mind Pop Film - "Monster movies like this are seldom seen anymore, but del Toro's child-like glee offers a promise to the audience: you will have a blast."
- PT Dilloway - "Anyway, forget the lame comedies and superhero movies and go watch this!"
from Chip - "The CGI is good, but you don't get to enjoy it much
since almost all of the major action scenes take place at night and/or
in the rain/water so you can't see much of what is going on.
is this summer's Battleship - big, loud, incredibly stupid...and unintentionally funny in so many places that you may still enjoy yourself."
Remember Powdered Toast Man from Ren & Stimpy? "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"
This movie delivers everything you expect from the title in one glorious flyng, shark-eating, blood spattering epicly bad film. One thing about SyFy Channel\Asylum movies is the title comes first and the script second, so you never know what you're going to get. This one delivers exactly what it promises: hundreds of sharks flying around in massive tornados.
The special effects are horrendous since they made a shark movie on a budget of $50. They cut corners at every turn including using CGI rain, so they wouldn't have to get water on location. All the shark attacks are closeup reactions of people screaming at imaginary sharks. The acting is terrible with the exception of Tara Reid: she's the worst actor ever. It's hard to believe she ever had a career.
If you're looking for a movie that delivers exactly what it promises - ridiculous shots of sharks flying through the air eating people - then you've got to watch Sharknado. And Sharknado 2 coming soon.
What do you think of this week's links?
Please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post. Click on the links to follow us for free by Email, RSS and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins and like us on Facebook