|75 years Man of Steel costumes via Blastr|
Welcome to "Geek Bits" where we share the geekiest bits of the Internet for you.
Sorry if we haven't liked or friended you on Facebook from "The Geek Twins." I'm still having trouble figuring out how to do it since we have an "organizational" page and it has limitations.
Update: Turns out it's a "fan" page and doesn't have the ability to like or friend other pages. We may have to set up another one.
Find out more in this week's Top Ten "Geek Bits."
10. Joss Whedon “Pissed Off” About Lack of Female Superheroes in Film (Via /Film) Whedon got into it in a conversation with The Daily Beast.
Toymakers will tell you they won’t sell enough, and movie people will point to the two terrible superheroine movies that were made and say, You see? It can’t be done. It’s stupid, and I’m hoping The Hunger Games will lead to a paradigm shift.9. Top Two Films has a post on the Iconic Image of Jurassic Park's cup of water.
It’s frustrating to me that I don’t see anybody developing one of these movies. It actually pisses me off. My daughter watched The Avengers and was like, “My favorite characters were the Black Widow and Maria Hill,” and I thought, Yeah, of course they were.
I read a beautiful thing Junot Diaz wrote: “If you want to make a human being into a monster, deny them, at the cultural level, any reflection of themselves.”
Anyone who has seen Steven Spielberg’s Jurassic Park will recognise this image of a plastic cup of water…and begin to shiver with fear.
8. Alex J. Cavanaugh has a non-spoiler image from Captain America: The Winter Soldier while Geek Tyrant has a VERY spoilery image from the film.
7. Never Mind Pop Film has a chance to Win 'The Purge' Prize Pack
6. I'm still #6 in P.T. Dilloway's Box Office Blitz
5. Jeremy (iZombie) has an awesome series of Side by By Photos from the filming of Man of Steel in Plano Illinois.
4. Image of the Day: Harley Quinn - War of the Rings (via Galaxy Junkyard)
3. Find out your Kyptonian heritage using the the Man of Steel website. ( via Geeky Nerfherder)
I AM A MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF DAR
2. Three Pulp Wars Dime Store Covers by Timothy Anderson (via Cultural Cumpulsive Disorder)
1. Awesome Man of Steel Figures by Warner Bros.
Man Of Steel 1:6 Scale Iconic Zod Statue from Warner Bros.
Man Of Steel 1:6 Scale Iconic Superman Statue from Warner Bros.
Man Of Steel 1:6 Scale Iconic Jor-El Statue from Warner Bros.
What do you think of this week's links?
Please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post. Click on the links to follow us for free by Email, RSS and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins