Welcome to "Geek Bits" where we share the geekiest bits of the Internet for you. Who is playing Frankenstein? What are the best bloopers in Star Trek? Where? When will we see a WarGames remake? How is Matheson remaking The Incredible Shrinking Man?
Above Image The Host (2013) Diane Kruger
Director Marc Webb tweeted a video of The Amazing Spider-Man2 mask (Via /Film)
THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN
A remake of the movie 1957 science-fiction film The Incredible Shrinking Man is underway. Richard Matheson, now age 86, is excited to bring it back along with his son. According to THR "The book, written when atomic-bomb fear ran high, centers on a man who is exposed to radiation and insecticide and begins to shrink. The Mathesons will modernize the story to reflect advancements such as nanotechnology. Describing the new iteration as 'an existential action movie,' the elder Matheson says, 'My original story was a metaphor for how man’s place in the world was diminishing. That still holds today, where all these advancements that are going to save us will be our undoing.' (Via Hollywood Reporter)
‘Man of Steel’ Figures Reveal Zod, Faora, & Jor-El Armors by ScreenRant
A new trailer is up for The Host that focusses more on action that romance. (via ScreenRant)
Many are upset that after Doctor Who is celebrating it's 50th anniversary with a wimpy 60 minute episode. BBC responded with the following statement:
"I understand that you are feel there are insufficient programmes planned to mark the 50th anniversary of the series. I also note that you are unhappy with the way in which series 7 has been split into two parts. Whilst I appreciate your concerns, we haven't announced what we have planned to mark the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who yet, but we would like to assure you that fans won't be disappointed. Additionally, please note that the decision to schedule series 7 in two parts was a creative one and we're sorry you are unhappy about this." (Via Blastr)
Seth Gordon is working on a WarGames remake. "Essentially, [Identity Thief] moved so fast that it just beat it to the punch. " Gordon said, "That script has now been written. Before, I had pitched the idea and we were finding a writer. Now, the script has been written and MGM is deciding what they want to do. To me, it’s so clearly an awesome idea and it’s gotta be made, as far as I’m concerned. I want to direct it, for sure. I just feel like the amount I know about geek world and def-con, and the places where this kind of stuff happens, makes me especially suited to bring it to life, I think. So, I’m certainly going to keep pushing that forward. " (Via Collider)
ODDS AND ENDS
- Aaron Eckhart will play Adam Frankenstein in I, Frankenstein, written and directed by Stuart Beattie. I, Frankenstein, based on the graphic novel by Kevin Grevioux, co-creator of Underworld, is slated for a Sept. 13, 2013 release. (Via Hollywood Reporter)
- The 12 Most Horrifically Bad Dates in All of Science Fiction and Fantasy By Meredith Woerner. I vote for Back to the Future when his Mom tried to rape him
- 2013 Comic Con Schedule & New York Comic Con 2012 cosplay!
- WHICH ARE THE MOST ANTICIPATED GAMES STUCK IN DEVELOPMENT HELL by Comic Book and Movies
- Remember Star Wars Iron-On Transfers? by Jeremy
- Green Lantern: New Guardians Annual #1 (DC) from Comics Reader by Tony Laplume
- A meteorite hit in Russia and The Knights shows a bunch of crazy videoes.
- Aquaman Art Gallery: Young Justice and Their Mentors from Aquaman Shrine
- Review: A Good Day to Die Hard — Not dead, but dying from Nerdvana
Please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post. Click on the links to follow us for free by Email, RSS and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins