Above Image: Captain America (Chris Evans) Quotes Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion) From Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. [Source: Unknown]
Michigan Batman Arrested For Second Time
Mark Williams has been arrested for the second time dressed as Michigan Batman. Here's the report :
Troopers were responding to the scene of a personal injury accident in which the driver had left the scene.
“When we arrived, (Williams) was at the scene in his Batman outfit. He wouldn’t clear the scene and we had a canine out there and he kept screwing up the scent,” Gorno said. “He said he wanted to help us look for the driver.”
“We didn’t want the dog to track Batman instead of the accident scene and he was getting in the way of officers who had a job to do.” Last year, Williams was found guilty of attempted resisting and obstructing an officer, when he was spotted standing on rooftops. He was sentenced to six months probation, including an instruction not to wear any costumes for that period.As much as I respect RLS (Real Life Superheros) for trying to help, these guys are just getting in the way. There's a reason it takes so much training to be a police officer. It's not easy. While the movies make crime fighting glamorous, in reality its dangerous and ugly. Mark, please take your Batman costume to Comic Con instead of the streets. We'll all chip in for a ticket.
Oddmakers (0%-100%): What are the odds Michigan Batman will be arrested again in six months? I say 90%
(Via Bleeding Cool)
Four-Year-Old Narrates the Star Trek: The Next Generation Opening.
The best part is when he starts to sing.
The Rise of Afro (African) Sci-Fi
Afro SF sounds like a fascinating initiative. It's always interesting to see how culture affects science fiction.
Apex Book of World SF 2 contributor Ivor Hartmann has edited the first anthology of speculative fiction by African writers, AfroSF: Science Fiction by African Writers. It covers writers from both Africa and the African diaspora. It will be released in December 2012 in an ebook edition first and later a print edition, published by StoryTime. It also includes stories from Apex Book of World SF 2 contributors Tade Thompson and Nnedi Okorafor(Via WorldSF )
Mockingbird Lane Dropped
Looks like that Munsters reboot is dead. Deadline reports
Like Fuller’s previous series Pushing Daisies, Munsters was to feature striking visuals mixed with all the classic Munsters archetypes. Rolled to June, the pilot landed Bryan Singer as director and assembled a cast led by Jerry O’Connell as family patriarch Herman Munster, Portia de Rossi as his wife Lily, and Eddie Izzard as Grandpa. The pilot was lauded for its visual style but pulling off the high-concept premise — a show about a family of “monsters” — was always considered a risky proposition. In the end, I hear it didn’t quite work.The idea of turning a classic sitcom into a dramatic horror series just never seemed like a good idea. I was willing to give it a shot, til I heard they were going to be cannibals. Fred Gwynn would be rolling in his grave.
Why Kids Love Star Wars
A really great article by NPR about why generations of kids love Star Wars. "There's no mystery to why Star Wars remains popular with young boys, says Robert Thompson, a pop culture professor at Syracuse University. It's got just about everything they like — spaceships, creatures that look like dinosaurs, creatures that look like teddy bears." Say what you like about Lucas, but he knows what kids like.
- IWSG Help Needed, Ninja News, Rachel Morgan’s Faerie Guardian, Guitar Playing Ninja, and Horror Movie Trivia!
- Practical Superheroism #5: Tools of the Trade from P.T. Dilloway
- The Revolution Will Be Televised from Tony Laplume
- Joss Whedon’s First Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Revealed from He Geek She Geek Reviews & News
- Poll: Who Do You Love More Batman or Superman? from Just a Dash of Geek
- My Favorite Creator Runs from Comics Reader
- 10 Star Wars Short Stories Available To Read At Suvudu from TheForce.Net
- 100 Episodes of The Clone Wars: A Reflection from The Official Star Wars Blog
- ‘Captain America’ Has A Love Interest Short List; Black Widow To Make An Appearance
- from ScienceFiction.com
- Image of the Day: Infographic breaks down Big Bang Theory T-shirts from Blastr
- Hasbro Still Developing Movies Based On ‘Monopoly,’ ‘Hungry Hungry Hippos,’ and ‘Action Man’from /Film
- Raiders of the Lost Ark, the 16-bit Animation from Neatorama
Please use the buttons below to tell your friends about this post. Click on the links to follow us for free by Email, RSS and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins