|A realistic version of Futurama's Dr. Zoidberg by Jared Krichevsky|
Find out the answers to these questions, get your motivational geek quote, trivia and more in this week's best geek bits.
In case you missed it...
Motivational Geek Quote"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)
- Falling Skies "Death March" - Great character moments and a great twist in the end. Can't wait to see more about North Carolina. 4/5 stars
- Alphas "Murder by Alpha" - Real tension and character development. Gary grows up. Bill calms down in Fight Club. A new character in the amnesiac Manic Pixie Girl "Cat." 3 1/2 stars
Trivia Question (Answer at the end of the post)The 1984 horror-comedy Gremlins starred Hoyt Axton as inventor Rand Peltzer. He was a famous folk singer/songwriter in the 1960s. What is his most famous song?
Last Week's Bonus Trivia Answers
Easy: What car did Doc Brown turn into a time machine?
"DeLorean. And I think it was because they thought the son-mother relationship in the past was too much." - Alex J. CavanaughMed: Name three actors who appeared in all three of the Back to the Future films
"I think Michael J Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson and I think Thomas F. Wilson who played Biff and his relatives. And whoever played his girlfriend. And the dog." - Pat Dilloway
"marty, mom, doc brown, biff, strickland, goldie and me!" - JeremyHard: Why did Disney turn down producing the film?
Disney turned it down because they thought that a story involving a mother falling in love with her son was too risqué, even if it was a twist of time travel. All other companies said it was not risqué enough, compared to the other teen comedies at the time like Porky's, Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) and Revenge of the Nerds (1984).
LinksSome of these may be familiar if you follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins. We share news and fun stuff all week.
- Hugh Jackman's Wolverine gets even hairier in five new set pics for The Wolverine. Can he get any hairier?
- "Call Me Maybe" Star Trek parody has Worf singing "Baby" via Geek Tyrant. What's the funniest part?
- Pensuasion went to the Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark Broadway show and liked it! Color me surprised. I thought it would be trash
- Alex J. Cavanaugh has a list of great science-fiction TV shows.Which is your favorite?
- ‘The Avengers 2′ Release Date Confirmed For 2015. Are you excited?
The wording of the statement specifically mentioning June 2015 as the end date of his exclusive agreement means The Avengers 2 is releasing that month, or, like all of the Iron Man films and the first Avengers, will be kicking off the summer blockbuster season in May 2015
- Peter Mayhew, who played Chewbacca in the Star Wars films, responded To Galaxy Junkyard on Twitter. Proves he's still the nicest Star Wars actor ever. Twitter is massive, so it's nice to know he appreciates his followers. Is he the nicest actor in Hollywood?
- Win an autograph of Avengers stars Scarlett Johannson or Robert Downey Jr. from Roland Yeomans to promote the book Rival! It's super easy too! Have you entered?
- $2 million The Dark Knight Rises home theater room is worth every penny. This is just a promotional CGI representation, but with a hidden Batmobile garage, escape hatch and four full Batman suits it's perfect for doing a Batman marathon. Would you buy it?
- Want to see a Venom Symbiote claim cosplay girl Freddie Nova?
- Did you know Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) worked at a hospital while filming Star Wars? A behind-the-scenes documentary called 'Chewie' is coming soon if they can get the rights from Lucas. Would you watch it?
- Pat Dilloway had a surprisingly challenging Superhero Trivia Question this week. Which superhero persona has Dick Grayson NOT adopted at some point in the DC Universe? Think you know the answer?
- Open Road Films sent us the press release and first poster for the Red Dawn remake yesterday. It's not strictly sci-fi, but very cool. Do you think it'll be any good?
Trivia AnswerHoyt Axton, who plays inventor Rand Peltzer, was a famous folk singer/songwriter in the 1960s. His most famous song, "The Pusher", was used in the soundtrack to Easy Rider. He also wrote Three Dog Night's famous "Joy to the World." You may not recognize the name, because its popularly known by its opening words, "Jeremiah was a bullfrog." Axton became an actor later in life during the 80s and 90s as an actor specializing in "good old boy" roles.
Bonus Trivia Question
Easy: The scene with Stripe attacking Billy with a chainsaw is an homage to which famous horror film?
Medium: Which famous comedian played the voice of the good Gremlin?
Hard: This film is one of several credited with creating the MPAA's PG-13 rating for it's scenes of graphic violence. Name one of the other films.
What do you think of this week's Geek Bits? Did you learn anything?
[Image Source: io9]
If you liked this post why not tell your friends about it using the buttons below?
For more science fiction news, photos, video and fun subscribe to us by RSS, Email and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins