By the way, I hit the wrong button when I was writing this yesterday, so it published before it was finished. Thanks to Pat and Alex for being the first commenter!
Trivia Question (Answer at the end of the post):The reboot The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) came out this week, so here's some Spider-Man movie trivia. In the U.S. the first theatrical movie based on Spider-Man was released in 2002 starring Tobey Maguire. But, in 1977, the first live-action Spider-Man movie was released to theaters outside of the U.S. Who played the main star Peter Parker?
Last week's winner
How many people did it take to manipulate the puppet for Jabba the Hutt?
"I sort of remember that it was like 40 puppet operators... though like 20 people were on the inside. he was one of the biggest moveable puppets at the time... outside of king kong [remake]. i loved the original version he looked much more real... the queen song, was to reference the remakes in my obscure thinking... have a great day/weekend." - Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
We only had one taker so Jeremy wins! The correct answer is four, although I've heard as many as ten, so it depends on if you count the robotic puppeteers and make-up people. In Return of the Jedi, Jabba is portrayed by a one-ton puppet cost a half a million dollars to build. A little person operated the tail and two guys operated the mouth and arms with another guy underneath operating various face bits.
Motivational Geek Quote:"You have to let it all go... Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind." - Morpheus The Matrix (1999)
Links:If you're a twitter subscriber some of these may look familiar.
1. Andy Griffith has died at 86. Remember when the Bionic Woman saved Andy Griffith? He guest-starred in the episode "Angel of Mercy."
2. What's it like preparing an IMAX Theater For ‘The Dark Knight Rises?’ Turns out a lot of work. The film alone weighs 600 pounds!
3. EPIC Win! Tumbler Golf Cart
4. Envy-inducing Video Game Themed Bathrooms. Tetris is popular for some reason.
5. We started a Twitter game called #OldJokesRetold. You take a corny old joke and make it new. If you want to join in just follow the instructions in the post.
6. If you have a huge Batman fan in your life you'll want to buy some The Dark Knight Rises collector cards! Good for any movie available for ticketing on Fandango.com. My favorite is the Bane one, but there's a Catwoman and Batman one too.
7. Check out this fan made Ninja Turtles tribute
8. A touching tale of a hard-bitten reporter converted to an unabashed geek after researching George Lucas.
9. The Amazing Spider-Man is breaking box office records and had a great international opening, but it's not fair to compare it to The Avengers. Spider-Man has an extra four days to sell tickets. Still doing well though.
10. Love this old "Indestructible Man" poster from the 70s by "Let's Get Out Of Here!"
Trivia AnswerIn 1977, the pilot episode of The Amazing Spider-Man television series starring Nicholas Hammond was released by Columbia Pictures as a feature film outside of the United States.
Bonus Trivia: What were the names of the two follow-up films based on the TV series?
The first person(s) with the answer will be declared the winner in next week's post.
What do you think of this week's links?
If you liked this post why not tell your friends about it using the buttons below?
For more science fiction news, photos, video and fun subscribe to us by RSS, Email and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins