Why did Ernest Borgnine not want to be in Escape From New York? Which Doctor may come back for the 50th anniversary? Can a baby learn the ways of the force? Which character has become an icon even though they've only appeared on TV once? What are the common story beats of Star Wars?
Motivational Geek Quote
"Time not important.. only life important" - Mondoshawan The Fith Element (1997)Thanks to @darthcleavage for the quote
Trivia Question (Answer at the end of the post)Batman is big news this week. Although Tom Cruise has never played Batman, how is he connected to the Batman franchise?
Last week's bonus trivia question answer:
What were the names of the two follow-up films based on the Spider-Man TV series?
"Spiderman Strikes Back and Spiderman: The Dragon's Challenge? Only ones that fit the time frame." - Alex J Cavanaugh
NewsWe got tagged by Dave Wrote This!
So here are the rules.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
3. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have linked to them. No tag backs, and you legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Things About Me Nobody ever needed to know.
- I still can't spell "
- I'm pretty sure the title is grammatically incorrect, but grammar I suck at.
- To this day I get emotional about this.When I was a young boy on vacation our massive collection of Star Wars toys were taken or broken by our cousins. Just writing this I'm getting angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
- Before we got color TV I used to watch "Incredible Hulk" and in my head he was green instead of gray.
- In 2009 I used to blog once or twice a month (check the archive list). It was the A-Z challenge that led to daily posting.
- I still think Wilma Flintstone is the most desirable woman alive. This is a Red Dwarf reference BTW.
- My brother and I were going to make a fan film called "Monopoly: The Movie." I was shocked when I heard Ridley Scott was actually going to make the film. Thankfully, the idea is in development hell.
- I have grey hair on my sideburns like Reed Richards. That is the reason I will never dye my hair. Because I look slightly like Mr. Fantastic.
- My brother and I created a slightly successful comedy website called "Freeze Dried Comedy" in the 90s. It was described by one reviewer as SNL on the Internet.
- The Friday posts (This Week in Geek) used to be based on ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" with Over\Under, True\False and Oddmakers. I still think the format would work, but it never took off.
- I can't bite my toenails, but I've never tried.
11 Questions I'm Asking Those I've Tagged
1. Who would win in a fight between Cavemen and Astronauts?
Cavemen. Astronauts have to wear that bulky, funny suit.
2. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
The power of flight. Since I have a slight fear of heights I imagine it would be like watching "The Greatest American Hero" flying around.
3. What is your favourite Band?
Gorillaz. Their music and videos are so funky!
4. What is your favourite Bend?
I'm not sure how to answer this one. My elbow?
5. Who is your favourite Bond?
Sean Connery. He's old now, but he invented the suave, confident ladies man.
6. How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?
7. What's the funniest joke you know?
I was five when I firt heard this and it's still my favorite joke.
"What did the grape say when the elephant sat on him? Nothing. He just let out a little wine."
8. Can dogs look up?
I think so. I'm going to be wondering all day now.
9. If you drove a Mini, would you want a red one, a white one or a blue one?
Red. It might increase my chaces of survival when the semi truck runs into me.
10. What are you afraid of?
11. Why is this 11 facts/questions/answers?
"Well, it's one more isn't it?" - Spinal Tap
11 (Random) Bloggers Tagged
Top LinksIf you follow us on Twitter these may be familiar.
Tom Baker would come back for 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. He's still my favorite.
Neil at All Things X interviewed two very cool cosplayers Hannah Lees & Josh Kent
Cute video of the day. Baby Training With a Lightsaber
Scouring Monk has "The 7 Story Beats of the Star Wars Saga" It makes a lot of sense.
Jessica asks Spiderman VS Batman. Who would win? My money is on Batman.
Ernest Borgnine died this week. He tells a great story about being cast on "Escape from New York."
Jamie is right. The amazing thing about Captain Mal is that he's iconic from a short lived TV show Firefly.
From the science journal "Duh!" Scientists figure out Batman would be killed trying to fly with his cape. They plan to follow up with a paper on Superman's ability to land safely.
Slashfilm has an article on how you can preview the film score for The Dark Knight Rises and Looper. Can I borrow the album? And a couple of blank tapes?
Jonathon Frakes hated his character in the first season of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Creator Gene Roddenberry wanted a "taciturn, no-nonsense Midwest type, a Gary Cooper who exuded integrity and devotion to duty." Frakes said, "I looked very, very stiff in those early seasons because I was so intent on living up to the vision that Gene had, and it was not real fun," It was Frake's love of jazz and the trombone that allowed his character to loosen up.
Trivia AnswerWhen the film Batman Begins (2005) came out, Katie Holmes, who played Bruce Wayne's love interest Rachel Dawson became publicly involved with Tom Cruise. Nicole Kidman, Cruise's previous wife, appeared in Batman Forever (1995) as Bruce Wayne's love interest Dr. Chase Meridian. He's slept with two of Batman's girlfriends.
Bonus trivia questions:
Easy: Can you name three cast members of Batman Begins that appear in The Dark Knight?
Hard: Batman Begins is the first movie where Batman's name isn't changed in the Spanish version of the film. What is Bruce Wayne's Spanish name?
What do you think of this week's links?
[Image Source: URL]
If you liked this post why not tell your friends about it using the buttons below?
For more science fiction news, photos, video and fun subscribe to us by RSS, Email and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins