|Tom Hardy (Bane) showing his back-breaking move on a hapless crew member.|
Trivia Question (Answer at the end of the post)An avid movie buff, Christopher Nolan put the cast and crew of The Dark Knight in a four-day boot camp of eight films whose tone he wanted to emulate. What were they?
Last Week's Bonus Trivia Answers
Easy: Name three cast members that appeared in MiB and the sequel MIIB.
"Tommy Lee Jones, Will Smith, and Rip Torn were all in Men in Black I and II." - Alex C.Hard: Which director turned down the job because he felt it would "just be Blues Brothers in space?"
"As I recall Agents J and K, Zed, the pug dog Frank, and whoever Tony Shalhoub played all reappeared in the first sequel. Probably a couple others I can't remember" - Pat D.
John Landis, who directed The Blues Brothers. He says he regrets that decision now.
- This weekend, William Shatner's newest documentary "Get A Life" airs on Epix. Here's how you can watch the documentary for free on Epix.
- 10 Fan Made DARK KNIGHT RISES Posters actually worth hanging.
- A lot of people are scared to go the movie theater after last week's shooting. That's understandable, but Pat Dilloway said it best. "On a side note, I hope people come out and support the film. You shouldn't let the actions of one lunatic stop you from living your life. That's what we all said after 9/11, right? And it's still true in this case."
- Andrea tipped us to this cool infographic! The Cost of Being Batman. I don't like to nitpick, but how do we know how much it costs to make a Batmobile?
- Even though we thought she was dead, River Song will be back in Doctor Who Series 7. Producer Caroline Skinner calls her the "Queen of Mischief ."
- The force is strong with this Star Wars X-Wing Shaped Beard. Would you grow this beard?
- I missed the screen of Star Trek: The Next Generation Monday so I could see The Dark Knight Rises. Did anyone go? How was it?
- Check out the surprising look of NBC's Munsters reboot 'Mockingbird Lane.' The show will be very different from the sit-com. How different? Bryan Fuller said "they eat people." Will you be watching?
- Wil Wheaton, who played young Ensign Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation, called the first season "embarrassing." He said, "...And the entire first, almost first two seasons have some incredible high points like "The Big Goodbye" and some really embarrassing low points like 'Code of Honor.' I’m really grateful that we were given the time to sort of find ourselves and figure out exactly what this show is about because by the time Next Generation gets to season 3, 4 or 5 I think its some of the best science fiction that’s ever been on television." Do you agree?
- You've seen our Man of Steel Trailer with the voiceovers combined. Now watch it dubbed with Marlon Brando's voice.
- I might be wrong about them never filming Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. They started shooting Japan in...Australia? That doesn't mean it's going to be any good though.
- Christian Bale, who played Batman in the Nolan films recently visited victims of the movie theater shooting. But there's another Batman giving people hope. The 'Lamborghini Batman' paid $250,000 for a custom Batmobile replica to visit sick kids across the country dressed as Batman. That's a hero to me.
Before filming, Nolan had the cast watch: Heat (1995), Cat People (1942), Citizen Kane (1941), King Kong (1933), Batman Begins (2005), Black Sunday (1977), A Clockwork Orange (1971), and Stalag 17 (1953). William Fichtner, who played in Heat was given a cameo as the bank manager. Rutger Hauer was cast in Batman Begins and Nolan has said Blade Runner also inspired the film.
Bonus Trivia Question (The first one with the right answer(s) get a nod next week.
Easy: Name three actors that starred in The Dark Knight Rises and Inception. (Thanks for the question idea Pat!)
Hard: During the opening bank robbery, the Joker wears a rubber mask. Cesar Romero in the 60s TV show Batman wore a mask that was almost identical. Which episode was it and why did he wear it?
What do you think of the links?
[Image Source: GeekTyrant]
If you liked this post why not tell your friends about it using the buttons below?
For more science fiction news, photos, video and fun subscribe to us by RSS, Email and follow us on Twitter @thegeektwins