What does a rapping Dalek sound like? What famous superhero actor "didn't get" The Dark Knight? When will we see another Hulk movie? Which albums should you won if you're a sci-fi fan? How can you win a Giant Stuffed Microbe? What does starwars1313.com mean?
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) trailer has been blowing everyone away. Which Batman movie had a secret trailer that was so good people were paying full movie prices just to watch it?
(Answer at the end of the post)
2. Motivational Geek Quote
"I'll be back." - Terminator
- Scribble and Edit is hosting the very important "Giving Voice Blogfest" June 4th
- Geeky Tendencies is hosting a 100 followers giveaway and you can win one of four Giant stuffed microbes!
- Blogtor Who has a great clip of a Dalek impersonator rapping on Britain's Got Talent
- MTV reports that Lucas has bought a domain starwars1313.com and speculates why. Is it for Jan. 3, 2013?
- Robert Downey Jr. 'didn't understand, didn't get' The Dark Knight
- Classic Sci-Fi has a review of the 70s disaster film No Blade of Grass
- Behold the R2-D2 Coffee maker!
- NetFlix may bring Jericho back
- Captain Sci-Fi has great picture of Darth Maul: The Sci-Fi Character of the week
- Galaxy Junkyard has Intros To Every Spider-Man Series
- Joel Goldsmith, who wrote songs for Star Trek and Stargate, died at 54
- io9 says Why Star Trek’s Vision of the Future is Out of Date
- SlashFilm says We Might See a New ‘Hulk’ From Marvel in 2015
- ScienceFiction.com has Top 10 Avengers We Want To See In The Sequel
- Top 10 Albums Every Self-Respecting Science Fiction Fan Should Own
- Born For Geekdom on Why I Can't Wait for The Black Widow in This Summer's "The Avengers"
- MIB 3 released three new clips
- Ted Cross has a part in Die Hard 5!
- Who would win? Wonder Woman Or Mystique?
- Touching Free Song "Let Your Geek Flag Fly"
- For his Green Day Retro Zombie has a video of Superman Vs. Hulk
- Avengers Review Round-Up
There were a bunch of reviews of The Avengers movie besides our own. Here are some of my favorites.
Batman (1989) was still a gamble to the studio and fans were worried the movie would be a comedy because of comedic actor Michael Keaton. So, to fight negative rumors, they hastily produced a trailer using clips from the movie with no music. They showed it in thousands of theaters in California. The 90 second trailer got a standing ovation and people began buying movie tickets just to watch the trailer. It later became a popular bootleg at comic conventions.
Bonus Question: How many angry letters were sent to the studio to protest Michael Keaton's casting?
What do you think of the links? Did you learn anything new? Can you answer the bonus trivia question?