1. Trivia Question
2. Motivational Geek Quote
4. Trivia Answer
1. Trivia Question
What series of Star Trek won the first Emmy award for the franchise?
2. Motivational Geek Quote
"You know, Captain, every year of my life I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and the best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful. If you just take the time to look at it."
- Lt. Ray Makonnen The Phantom Planet (1961)
This week the "Pied Piper Most Deserving Blog Follower" award goes to CineMarvelous for hitting 300 Followers! Are you following him? Nebular's a huge movie fan and I always find his reviews to the point and well thought out.
Rules: On your blog, name three bloggers you'd like to give it to that deserve their followers. They can be people with lots of followers or ones you think deserve more.
- CaptD is hosting an Oscars Poll
Here are the rankings so far.
War Horse - 11 votes (29%)
The Tree of Life - 3 votes (8%)
The Artist - 4 votes (10%)
Moneyball - 2 votes (5%)
The Descendants - 5 votes (13%)
Midnight in Paris - 0 votes (0%)
The Help - 6 votes (16%)
Hugo - 4 votes (10%)
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - 2 votes (5%)
- io9 asks us to Read Alien, retold from the cat's perspective
Novelist and film critic Anne Billson wrote "My Day by Jonesy," a recap of the first Alien film from Jones' point of view. Apparently, Jones spent most of the film fretting over his food and being annoyed that the humans (or "can openers" as he calls them) keep waking him up from his naps. But he does take some interest in the xenomorph, which he refers to as the "hairless kitten."
- M.Pax says her next novel The Backworlds is on it's way to the editor!
- Blastr reports that the upcoming CW spin-off of Smallville called Green Arrow will be the Jason Bourne of superheroes
- In the most shocking story of the week, TheForce.Net says George Lucas Won At The NAACP Image Awards. I never really thought about how much of an influence Star Wars had on black culture before. He's the whitest guy I can think of, but he got one before I did. Booya Lucas.
- SuperPunch has a fantastic Shark sleeping bag that lets you pretend to be eaten by a shark. Not sure I'd get much sleep in it though.
- As unappetizing as it looks, The Official Star Wars Blog says someone made Jabba the Cake!
- io9 says someone designed a beautiful Transformers engagement ring . Call me a romantic, but nothing says love like the Decepticons.
- Comic Book Resources has a story about Indiana Pacers Forward Danny Granger Building a Batcave. "It's based on the Batcave from the first set of Batman movies -- starting with Michael Keaton," Granger said. "It will have a few aspects from the Christian Bale movies, like a drive-in pathway or tunnel that lights up as you drive through it. It’ll also have this kind of circular island, where you park your car on this big circle, and the circle spins, so that you never have to back the car out." I am now a huge Indiana Pacers fan.
- /Film has one of the most original cosplay costumes ever: Harley Quinn mocks Supergirl
- The Force.Net has G4TV's Hands-On X-Box 360 Kinect Star Wars Game Preview. Besides light saber battles, the game let's you fight a Rancor, dance in Jabba's palace and fight a Rancor monster!
- MTV Movies Blog says 'Battleship' Director Peter Berg Always Wanted To Make A Navy Movie so he made a movie based on a board game. Makes perfect sense.
- Alex J Cavanaugh has his monthly run-down of March Movies and it's slim pickings with the exception of John Carter and The Hunger Games.
- Mania says Bay Confirms Transformers 4 Date
- I don't know how I missed it, but thanks to SQT I watched The Bark Side commercial which has dogs barking the Star Wars Imperial March.
- My favorite video of the week is io9's overly long 15 minute video of Worf's ideas getting shot down by everyone on The Next Generation I love the look of shame and murderous intent on his face each time.
- Mish Sci Fi Musings is hosting a video devoted to end-of-the-world films called End of the World Movies Galore! (2012)
- MonkeyMigraine has a hilariously Dramatic Reading of a Dramatic Game Review complete with typos and grammar errors.
"How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth" from Star Trek: The Animated Series in 1975. The animated series of Star Trek won a Daytime Emmy Award for "Outstanding Entertainment Children's Series" for the 1974-1975 television season. It beat Captain Kangaroo and The Pink Panther. It's the only Star Trek franchise to win a "Best Series" Emmy.
Bonus Question: Which Shakespeare play did this title come from?
What do you think of this week's news? Let us know in the comments.