1. Star Wars is Goofier - There's more comedy gold in just one of the Star Wars movies than an entire season of Trek, simply because SW gets into some crazy situations. When a grown man looks into the eyes of a giant slug named Jabba without a trace of irony, that's funny. Even when Star Trek tries to be funny, it's usually as a result of the characters breaking out of their own stiffness. Worf declaring he was not a merry man is a perfect example. Whereas Star Wars made a joke about Han Solo being blind and trying to shoot Lando free of a gigantic tentacle.
2. Trek Takes Itself Way Too Seriously - Star Trek stories are all about deep lessons of life and scientific concepts and morality. You can't make fun of them, because it shows you don't "get it" or the story is too important to be made fun of. With Star Wars, it's just about having fun. In a related note, Trekkers take themselves too seriously. Trek became the whipping boy of everyone who wanted to make fun of geeks. Making fun of Trek immediately incurs the wrath of oversensitive fans. But nobody really gets their dander up over making fun of Star Wars.
3. Star Wars Has Funnier Names - Star Wars has a lot of funny names. Jabba, Darth Vader, Greedo, Tattooine. All easily substituted for funny variations. As for the original Star Trek, you've got Scotty, Kirk, McCoy...Uhura and Spock are about the only goofy ones. In Next Generation, you had Data, Troi, and Worf. More chances for puns, but still nothing compared to the sheer volume found in Star Wars.
4. Star Wars Has Funnier Aliens - On Star Trek, most of the aliens look pretty much the same - humans with weird bumps on their forehead. Now look at Star Wars with its wolf aliens, tentacle-headed aliens, tiny green aliens, and giant lizard aliens, and you've got a comedy well that never empties.
6. Star Trek is Too Obscure - Literally one of the biggest jokes in Trek is, "If you review the official blueprints for the original Enterprise, you can clearly see there are no toilets!" Some of the jokes that make Trekkers laugh involve scientific principles of nanotechnology and quantum physics. With Star Wars, making fun of lightsabers doesn't require a math degree.
7. Star Trek Has Better Writing - George Lucas is not a great writer. That means a lot of Star Wars is unintentionally hilarious. On the other side, Trek is written by some of the greatest names in sci-fi. It's easier to make fun of bad writing than good writing. There's a reason MST3K didn't make fun of Citizen Kane.
What do you think? Is Star Wars funnier than Star Trek?