1) Obi-Wan Kenobi hid himself on Tattooine. Out of all the planets in the Galaxy, Obi-Wan decided to hide himself on the planet where Anakin Skywalker was born. That's like trying to hide in Vader's backyard. Maybe he was trying to hide in plain sight, but Yoda had a better idea hiding himself in the middle of a swamp. Even considering all this, you'd think he'd find a less populated planet to hide on, instead of one crawling with villains, bounty hunters, and people guaranteed to recognize him.
2) Obi-Wan kept his last name. Obi-Wan Kenobi could have called himself anything he could imagine, but he decided to call himself Ben Kenobi. Yeah, no one could pierce through that web of deceit. He didn't even change his last name. Even Luke Skywalker figured out that Ben Kenobi was connected to Obi-Wan Kenobi within minutes of hearing the name.
3) Obi-Wan kept the same clothes. Not only did Obi-Wan decide to keep the same name, he even chose to keep the same uniform as when he was a Jedi. You're telling me in twenty years, it never occurred to him to get a new outfit? Maybe something a little less Jedi-y? Which is connected to reason #4.
4) Obi-Wan never changed his appearance. In movies where the hero or heroine is on the run, changing your appearance is usually Job One. They always start with cutting off a beard and/or mustache or dying their hair. Obi-Wan did none of these. Leaving aside the fact that he's in a super-technologically advanced society where he could probably change everything from his height to his skin color, Obi-Wan didn't even do the bare minimum. He didn't even try to cut off his beard.
5) Obi-Wan let the Galaxy fall apart while he hung out doing nothing. Why did he go into exile in the first place? During the Clone Wars, Obi-Wan fought across the Galaxy against evil, and rallied whole planets to his cause. But once he crippled Anakin, Obi-Wan disappeared while Darth Vader and the Emperor turned the Galaxy into an utter hellhole. Obi-Wan could have at least tried to stem the tide of evil, especially by rallying together the scattered Jedi he sent the distress message to in the Temple. Instead, Obi-Wan just sat around on Tattoine in a cave, scaring off the occasional Tusken Raiders.
What do you think? Does Obi-Wan's exile make sense?
[Image Source: 4ugeek]