Here are a few quick facts about Michael Shannon, the man that will play the villainous General Zod in Zack Snyder's Superman reboot Man of Steel.
He's got some big shoes to fill.
IGN named Terrance Stamp's portrayal of the super-powered megalomaniac General Zod in Superman I and II as #30 on their list of the 'Top 50 Comic Book Villains.' They said "Stamp is Zod."
- Michael Corbet Shannon is 6' 4" and was born August 15, 1974 in Lexington, KY, USA.
- He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Revolutionary Road.
- Won and nominated for three Joseph Jefferson theater acting awards.
- Director Zack Snyder said "Zod is not only one of Superman's most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman that others don't. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role," Huffington Post
- When he saw a therapist as a teenager he just sat and stared at him, before throwng all the books off the shelves, knocking over a lamp and walking out of the room. He says they are now best friends adding, "If you give me enough time, enough leash, I can become pretty reasonable." New York Magazine
- He is a series regular as a Federal agent on the critically acclaimed cable HBO 1920s period crime show Boardwalk Empire.
What do you think of Michael Shannon as the evil General Zod?
This post is "Z is for Zod," part of the "A-Z Blogging Challenge." We'll be posting something on our blog every day in April except for Sundays. The challenge is hosted by Arlee Bird , Jeffrey Beesler, Alex J. Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker, Candace Ganger, Karen J Gowen, Talli Roland and Stephen Tremp. Visit them today!