Superman: the Man of Steel, the upcoming reboot of Superman, stars Henry Cavill and we have a few things you should know about him, plus some pics that show his superhero qualities.
1. At 6' 1", the 27-year-old Henry William Dalgliesh Cavill (born 5 May 1983) is a British actor.
2. The relatively young actor rose to fame in the Showtime cable series The Tudors as Charles Brandon, 1st Duke of Suffolk.
3. He tried out for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman (Batman Begins) and James Bond (Casino Royale), but was considered too young for the parts.
4. Was a top contender for the role of the Man of Steel when McG and Brett Ratner were scheduled to direct the last Superman film, Superman Returns.
5. One executive described his casting this way, “He’s got an amazing quality. He doesn’t look too much like Reeve and Routh but he’s big and strong and he has a very modern feel to him. We’re really going to try and make Superman as contemporary as possible.”
6. His approach to playing Superman: "I think on Superman it will be slightly different because I’ve approached it with the experience of Immortals and I’ve said, ‘Look, guys, I’m going to need recovery time and I’m going to need this, I’m going to need that, if possible, please, please.’ And I think the most difficult thing with Superman is going to be making everyone...doing a true justice to the role while reimagining it."
What do you think of the new Superman?
[Image source: AintItCoolNews]
This post is "H is for Henry Cavill," part of the "A-Z Blogging Challenge." We'll be posting something on our blog every day in April except for Sundays. The challenge is hosted by Arlee Bird , Jeffrey Beesler, Alex J. Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker, Candace Ganger, Karen J Gowen, Talli Roland and Stephen Tremp. Visit them today and every day for the next month!