Creative fashions fans made using the Warner Bros. bags
io9 asked an interesting question about the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con International 2010: Could there be a "nerd" riot? They said no. But, what if fans hear about free giveaways in limited quantities featuring their favorite geeky television shows?
Let's do the math: Attendance usually tops 120,000. There will be 125,000 giveaway bags. This sounds good until you realize that there are 11 different bags to collect. While not everyone will be shanking one other for a "Scooby-Doo" bag, there might be a scramble for the sexy totes with Maggie Q (Nikita) and Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory).
You may want to bring a can of mace.
Check 'em out:
Here's the official press release:
Warner Bros. Entertainment and Comic-Con TWon't anyone think of the children?
eam Up On Official Bag for Comic-Con International: San Diego 2010
One of 11 Unique Collectibles Will Be Distributed to Each Comic-Con Attendee During Official Check-In, Featuring "The Big Bang Theory," "Chuck," "Fringe," "Human Target," "Nikita," "The Vampire Diaries," "Batman: The Brave and the Bold," "The Looney Tunes Show," "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated," "Clash of the Titans" or "Brightest Day."
BURBANK, Calif. (July 14, 2010) -- For the past four years, Warner Bros. Entertainment's limited-edition, signature oversize canvas tote bags have been a must-have at Comic-Con, with tens of thousands of fans flocking to the Warner Bros. booth on the convention floor to snag one, and Entertainment Weekly once dubbing them the Con's "ubiquitous accessory." This year, Warner Bros. Entertainment (WBE) and Comic-Con are teaming up to put one directly in the hands of every attendee, with the Studio signing on as sponsor of the Comic-Con International: San Diego 2010 Official Bag.
For additional information about Warner Bros. Television activities at Comic-Con, follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom and use hashtag #WBSDCC, log on to www.thewb.com/comiccon, and read news at www.thewb.com/blog.
- For Comic-Con 2010, the Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing (WWTVM) unit has created 11 unique designs for the bags, with one side featuring the official Comic-Con 2010 artwork designed by WWTVM and the other side representing titles from across a number of WBE divisions, including Warner Bros. Television, Warner Bros. Animation, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment
- More than 125,000 collectible bags (24"X29") have been produced and will be distributed to attendees when they check in at Comic-Con throughout the five days of the convention, including Preview Night
- Today, WBE and Comic-Con are unveiling artwork for four of the WBE bags, as well as artwork for the official Comic-Con side of the bags:
- Warner Bros. Animation series "The Looney Tunes Show," coming soon to Cartoon Network
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment's "Batman: The Brave and the Bold – The Videogame," inspired by Warner Bros. Animation's hit animated series based upon characters from DC Comics. The Videogame is available on Wii and Nintendo DS September 7. New episodes of "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" air Fridays at 7:30 p.m. on Cartoon Network, and "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" Season 1, Part 1 is available on DVD August 17.
- DC Comics' best-selling "Brightest Day" comic book series
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's Blu-ray™, DVD and digital download release of Warner Bros. Pictures' "Clash of the Titans," available July 27
What do you think? Will there be a "Nerd Riot" at Comic-Con 2010?
[Image Source: TheWB]