Pic of the week: "My Little Slave Pony"
- The first person to die on the Marvel Comics Theme Park Spider-Man ride will probably get a slew of goofy titled obituaries like "Web-head Kills Local Rider" and "J.J Jameson Was Right: Spider-Man is a Menace". Actually...those are pretty good, so I'm going to file those for a future post.
- After watching "The Greatest American Hero" on Hulu I had two thoughts: First, it's time to remake this series. Concept: A slacker encounters what he thinks may bee aliens and discovers a red leather costume that gives him superpowers. Since his laptop with the downloaded instructions is broken, he is forced to stop minor crimes till he can figure them out. My second thought is that the teacher\student sequences are about as dramatic as "Welcome Back Kotter". [Source: comicbookmovie]
TOSS UP: If they do a hip-hop version of the original theme song should they use Jay-Z or Kanye West? Kanye would make it super-cocky, so I'd vote for Jay-Z to add some soulfulness.
- Based on the history of remakes, the new ending of "The Black Hole" remake will be even more confusing than the original. They died and went to heaven BTW. Ha! No spoiler warning there fool! Now I've ruined it forever! Mwuah-ah-ah! [Source: scifiwire]
- The Alien prequel may flesh out an interesting back story and bridge "Alien" to "Alien vs. Predator", but it's going to ruin the enigmatic feel of "Alien". [Source: slashfilm]
- TOSS UP: Giger or Schumacher's "Batman Forever" Batmobile?
While Giger's looks cool, it's way too complicated and preternatural. I reluctantly have to cast my ballet for Joel.
- The image of Princess Leia tanning with her stunt double puts a Gamorrean Guard beatdown on every single picture on LeiasMetalBikini.com. [Source: scifiwire]
OVER/UNDER: The image will get 6751 Diggs by the end of the month. I say OVER.
- With the "Red Hulk", "Red She-Hulk", "Savage Hulk" Skaar, Lyra and Hiro-Kala cluttering up the Marvel Universe, "The Fall of the Hulks" with finally put a end to the pandemonium. This will leave only the original Green Hulk, Gray Hulk, Mr. Fixit, Doc Savage and She-Hulk, which is much cleaner.
UPDATE: The "My Little Slave Pony" is actually one of many ponies created by a talented artist, Spippo. I like the "My Little Solo in Carbonite" the best. Thanks to Angie for the heads-up!
[Image from Spippo]